Matcha Rice Krispies Squares, need I say more? You may have already guessed this about me but I'm a little bit obsessed with matcha. Ok, a lot obsessed. I will take any chance I get to incorporate it into my food. I have made these babies five times now and they turn out perfectly each time. This is a foolproof recipe that's perfect for the summer since you won't even need to turn on your oven to make them. Let's get to it!
Matcha Rice Krispies Squares
35 large Marshmallows (300g)
1tbs. Matcha (25% off!)
5 1/2c. Rice Krispies
1tbs. Coconut Oil
1 1/4c. Chocolate (dark or milk)
1. Coat a 9" square baking dish with butter.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter completely.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir often until nearly fully melted. Add the vanilla and matcha and stir until the mixture is fully melted.
4. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until well combined.
5. Pour the Rice Krispies mixture into the baking dish and flatten with a spoon until the Rice Krispies lay evenly in the dish. Set aside and let cool.
5. Add the coconut oil to a small saucepan on low heat and melt completely.
6. Add the chocolate and stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted. Don't let the chocolate burn!
7. Once cooled, cut the Rice Krispies mixture into even squares. Each square can either be dipped in the chocolate or you can drizzle the chocolate on top of the square. You can get creative with this step.
If you're running short on time, just leave the Rice Krispies mixture in the dish, poor a layer of chocolate on top, cut them up, and you're ready to go!